Considering this is an artist’s blog, I haven’t blogged much about art have I? Well I have several excuses, some of them are even good excuses!
So in order they are –
- I can’t actually talk about the main project I’ve been slaving over for the last 2 months.
- Portal2 came out on at the end of April and I got a bit obsessed. Plus I’m really slow at computer games.
- I’ve injured by right thumb and can’t hold a pen for long.
- There was an amazing episode of Doctor Who written by Neil Gaiman and it may have fused by brain.
- Have I mentioned Portal 2 yet?
- I’ve been working on lots of secret commissions. And this is one of them!
Wow, babies are surprisingly hard to draw!!
There has also been a return of the squidy fellow, I don’t know where he found the penny farthing or where he could be going in such a hurry, but I’m most curious about how that hat stays on! Really pleased this got added by the Fancysaurus and Tentacles groups on deviantart, always makes me happy when other people like my work enough to want to feature it.
Speaking of Portal 2 I made this as an experiment in pen control. Due to my hand injuries this was created mostly by holding the pen in my fist rather than with thumb and forefingers. Also used as many workpath tool tricks as I could think of. It’s based on the character of Caroline from the game. You should play it. It’s hilarious.
Similarly this was an experiment following an online tutorial.